Stand Your Ground Forums
Welcome to Stand Your Ground Forums! Hosted by Forumotion. You can talk about forum/hardware support and anime here!
Stand Your Ground Forums
Welcome to Stand Your Ground Forums! Hosted by Forumotion. You can talk about forum/hardware support and anime here!
Stand Your Ground Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stand Your Ground Forums

Welcome to Stand Your Ground Forums! Do register an account before browsing the forum!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Anime World and Support of Forums! Free to interact with everyone and talk about anime , manga and also talk about problems involving connection problems, designs and appearance problems, scripts(coding) problems and much more! Please log in or register if you have not yet. As always, please do not violate the rules and be kind to each other. Have a nice day, folks!

Singapore Flyer Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daichi
Daichi

Singapore Flyer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:54 am

Singapore Flyer, the world's largest giant observation wheel, gives a 360 panoramic view of Singapore, from the fast-changing Marina Bay that is transforming by the minute, to the islands of Malaysia and Indonesia. It is the best vantage point of Singapore to see and feel the vibrancy of the beautiful and colorful city. Besides enjoying the 30-minute ride on the 165-metre tall Singapore Flyer, the exciting mix of specialty and lifestyle concept shops at the three-story Retail Terminal

Please post here. Do not make a new thread or it will be removed. Post your reviews at this thread only.

*Please indicate which month and year did you go on Singapore Flyer. Example: Visited April 2012. It may be removed if there is no month and year shown.

Please also note that we also need to verify your post before posting it here. It would take normally below 24 hours. So please wait. Thank you.

Note: Any review that contain vulgar or inappropriate words will not be posted.

Last edited by Tweeney on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://standyourground.rpg-board.net
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am

The tallest ferris wheel (at the time of this review) provides some mesmerizing view from the top, especially during the night. The ride was for under 40 mins. The adult fare was 33 SGD, but showing a singapore airlines boarding pass helped reduce it to 26.40 SGD. The residents at Singapore still consider this expensive, but visitors should not heed to this and head for the view. As we'll be touring so high, nothing is close enough to give us a sense of fear of height, so I doubt if anyone feel any vertigo, if that is a concern.

The way to the cabin has so many informative stuff, so make sure you are not in a hurry. The last ride entry is at 10.15pm. They also provide dinner and high tea inside the cabin at a premium fee paid in advance.

Visited March 2013
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 am

The views are fantastic. The stepping on and off may be a bit daunting for some. The wheel turns very slowly but it was a challenge for one elderly gent. It is flow enough to indulge in mass photography. The views are incredible on a clear day.

Visited March 2013
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:58 am

I had looked up on this long before we had booked our holiday to Singapore, & I was definitely going to be going on it. I wasn’t a disappointment. Stunning views from up top, looking over the Marina Bay& Gardens by the Bay. We went on board the Flyer, pretty much as the last paying guests of the day, so it was pretty late at night, but we had the cabin all to ourselves, it was magical. It moves really slowly, not stopping to let you on or off, but taking photos is easy because it’s so slow. You feel like your getting your moneys worth since your on for a bit of time, think was bout 35min for full rotation, & there is plenty of room inside the cabins. Like I said, the views at night are stunning so I would recommend going at night, you can also see the road track where the Formula 1 circuit is, which I never noticed at ground level. It was $33, bit steep yes, but you can’t come to Singapore without going for a spin. It is the world’s largest observation wheel after all.

Visited February 2013
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:00 am

Fortunately for those over 60 the price drops from SGD33 (US$27) per person to SGD24 (US$20) per person; still fairly expensive for anyone on a budget in a city that has a high standard of living.

It's best to try to go during the week when there will be less people; conversely sometimes you'll have to wait for others to join you in the relatively large cabins; we were lucky to travel on our own.

It moves so slowly, not even stopping to let you get on or off, that taking photos is very easy. Try not to pick a day when it is overcast or rain is forecast, like it was on our visit, when a thunderstorm broke out, the ride was stopped temporarily, then completely for about an hour just after we got off. Photos will also be much better on a clearer day.

We didn't get a chance to travel at night but imagine the views would be excellent.

Visited August 2012
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 pm

The Singapore Flyer "experience" was worth the effort but the price is a bit steep for what you get. If you've been on the London Eye, the Flyer will seem a bit "ordinaire". You get a good view of the Singapore Marina area and parts of the city, but better views can be had from some of the rooftop restaurants and high rise buildings that are open to the public.
The Singapore 'hawker-style' food court near the Flyer is a good option for a quick snack – good value, great food.

Visited April 2012

Accepted

Thank you for reviewing!
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:21 am

Wonderful views and a perspective of the whole city. Relaxing
Price high, little senior discount
Definitely recommend despite the price. Gift shop has a good selection and OK prices

Visited February 2013

Accepted

Thank you for reviewing!
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 am

Early one morning my husband surprised me with a ride on the Singapore Flyer. At opening in the morning and mid-week is great because there are very few people, no crowds. The line moved very quickly so the allusion of crowds should not stop you. Helpful staff fantastic view of this great city! I will go again and strongly recommend it for all age groups. There was a wheelchair visitor that also enjoyed the ride.

Visited March 2013

Accepted

Thank you for reviewing!
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 am

I'm afraid of heights but this experience in the Flyer changed all that... a Must Try experience in Singapore... The whole experience runs for 30 minutes to see the entire city... We paid SGD$33 per person at the entrance when we tried it on March 2, 2013. Kids 11 years old and below have a lower rate... There are several shops and restaurants in the area.... Due to a hectic trip schedule, we didn't bother to ask how to get there by bus or train so we took a cab from our hotel in Orchard Road to the Flyer... It was a quick ride... Getting a cab from the Flyer back to Orchard wasn't difficult as there was a taxi lane. Over all experience: EXCELLENT!

Visited March 2013

Accepted

Thank you for reviewing.
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:27 am

It was late afternoon and rather overcast when I arrived. It wasn't very busy at all and once I got through all the information points, it wasn't long before I stepped into one of the capsules with two other people. It was rather overcast and by the time I was half way round, huge dark clouds came scudding across the sky, but the view was still amazing!!
I had planned to walk to Gardens By The Bay afterwards to see the Supertrees all lit up, but as I got off of the Flyer, it started to rain and within 5 minutes, it was absolutely chucking it down, so I wandered around and looked at some of the displays as well as the shops. I was particularly inrigued by "Kenko Reflexology & Fish Spa", where you can dangle your tired feet in a tank and a group of fishes will come and nibble away, leaving you with lovely soft skin!! Wasn't barve enough to give that one a go, though.

Accepted.

Thank you for reviewing.
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 am

Great view and sight u get from this flyer which goes at a snails pace. The whole round takes 30 minutes. U can get great pictures here also the city looks wow from up here. The day view is better for pictures. Truly worth it.

Visited February 2013

Accepted.

Thank you for reviewing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Flyer Reviews   Singapore Flyer Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Singapore Flyer Reviews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum